Online payment gateways offer advanced reporting features that reduce fraud and guide smart business decisions.
- Lowers business costs. Freeing up the valuable employee time it would take to analyze sales data and manually create reports to guide smart business decisions, online reporting converts sales data into easy-to-read analytics. Automated monthly summary reports reliably sum up business activity and give insight into customer patterns. With a more predictable revenue stream, businesses can evolve inventory methods to save time and money.
- Protects sensitive data. Payment gateways are packed with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) that safeguard payment information with industry-leading security technologies, all of which extend to online reporting features. Online reports save and analyze everything from customer buying habits to amount of each product sold, but leave out sensitive payment card information.
- Responds to retrieval requests and manages chargebacks. Chargebacks are inevitable in ecommerce. But payment gateway technology can reduce vulnerability to them. Online reporting features conveniently save proofs of authorized transactions and automatically provide them to banks in response to retrieval requests.
- Reduces fraud. Authorize.net payment gateways are equipped with an Advanced Fraud Detection Suite (AFDS) to recognize, manage and prevent online fraud. A merchant can set custom thresholds, such as an hourly velocity filter that limits the total number of transactions received per hour, to protect against high-volume fraudulent attacks. Reports save a complete transaction history that merchants can search at any time.
- Provides an easy-to-navigate dashboard that changes for different logins. Unique business-facing and customer-facing dashboards can conveniently display information generated by a payment gateway. The customer’s view can display order history, tracking numbers, payment methods on file, current invoices, new products, loyalty program details and more. The merchant’s view can display retrieval requests, chargebacks, invoices sent and received, sales reports, customer databases, employee databases, product databases and more.
- Integrates with third-party accounting systems. Authorize.net offers a free Sync for QuickBooks feature, so not only will a business receive a secure, efficient payment gateway when it chooses to branch into ecommerce, it will also enjoy an entirely integrated, easy-to-manage accounting system.