Hotel and Lodging Merchant Accounts
Implement an efficient credit card processing solution that keeps guests coming back.
Checking guests in sets the tone for their entire stay at your hotel, motel, lodge or inn. The process should be simple and convenient on both sides of the front desk. That’s exactly what our hotel credit card processing solutions are designed to facilitate. Practicality, ease of use and security are built in. With each hotel and lodging merchant account we set up, we accommodate all of your payment needs:
- Accept all forms of electronic payment on site, online or over the phone
- Accept all major credit and debit cards, ACH transfers, gift cards and NFC payments such Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay
- Equipment and software options ranging from standalone EMV chip terminals and POS systems to online payment gateways for ecommerce and virtual terminals for phone payments
- Automated electronic invoicing via email
- Verify credit card information to hold reservations
- Address Verification Service (AVS) and Card Verification Value or Code (CVV or CVC) to authorize payments
- Advanced online reporting to give you actionable insights about sales trends and seasonal patterns
- Advanced fraud detection suite with customizable fraud detection and prevention filters and thresholds
- Chargeback prevention support
- Booking software integration
- Recurring billing setup for long-term stays
- PCI compliance fulfillment
- Low interchange plus pricing, with no hidden fees
Hotels have unique credit card processing needs because of the way they do business. They need access to extended authorizations when they accept credit cards. When a guest checks in, the merchant is able to authorize credit card information up front, securely keep it on file and capture the sale at the end of their stay. An initial charge will appear on the customer’s credit card, and the final amount will show up when they check out.
This extended authorization benefit makes it convenient for customers to elongate rentals in a “pay as you go” approach without having to hand over payment cards more than once. It’s also convenient for merchants, who are free of the extra bank fees applied to long authorization to settlement periods for other business types. The major credit card brands offer an exclusive program for hotel and lodging merchants to accommodate these extended authorizations, and BankCard USA offers the specialized software needed to pass through the relevant transaction data for them.
Integration Support for Maximum Efficiency
When your hospitality software teams up with a state-of-the-art POS system, the options for customizing the payment solution that’s perfect for your business are endless. The choices are all yours, and we are here to walk you through the integration process. You explain your hospitality needs, and we get to work! When we integrate a payment gateway with your existing applications, the priority is to streamline your business so you have more time to focus on quality customer service instead of a complicated payment process.
- Seamless, fast guest check-in and checkout processes
- Easy-to-navigate reservation logs
- Databases that show guest information, history and preferences
- Inventory management systems with alerts for reordering supplies
- Reports that link bookings back to sales agents, online sources and specific marketing tools
- Easy integration with QuickBooks and alternative accounting platforms, plus shopping carts, ecommerce applications and hospitality apps
- Automated text and email marketing tools, such as reservation reminders and special offers
We understand that your business is unique. That’s why we set up each payment gateway, POS system and terminal with the no more or less than exactly what you need to run your business how you—and only you—want to. No unnecessary costs, and no confusion. All of our credit card processing solutions are scalable and flexible enough to adapt for future growth. Likewise, if your lodging business is seasonal, we offer account freezing for up to six months so that you can stop and resume processing when you need to, without the hassle of reapplying for a merchant account.
B2B Credit Card Processing
Do you see a lot of commercial credit card payments at your hotel? If so, you qualify for reduced interchange rates the major credit card networks (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and JCB) reserve for business-to-business (B2B) transactions. B2B payments made with business, corporate or purchase cards come with extra transaction details, making them extra secure against fraud and chargebacks. Reduced interchange rates reflect that.
BankCard USA offers level 2 and 3 enhanced data processing software so that you can accept B2B credit card payments at the low interchange rate. You never have to worry about missing the reduced rate because your payment solution automatically recognizes and processes commercial credit cards. Depending on your volume, B2B processing can save your hotel hundreds to thousands of dollars in processing costs each year.
If you are a wholesale supplier of hotel and hospitality supplies, B2B processing software is a major cost-saving investment as well. For more information, contact us below and an account representative will be in touch shortly.
Chargeback Prevention Support
Chargebacks are sometimes unavoidable for hospitality merchants. Customers often book far in advance and sometimes cancel due to changes of plans or weather, so the industry does carry a few high risk factors. It’s important to have a clear cancellation policy to avoid losing revenue and credibility. For instance, a hotel could state that it will refund cancellations, except if they occur within two weeks of a visit and the weather is permitting. The policy could also include clauses about charging in full for no-shows and partially refunding for weather-related cancellations.
The more openly policies are displayed, the fewer chargebacks the company will incur. We offer professional guidance in all of these areas, backed by 25 years of experience providing exceptional merchant services to the hospitality industry. When we have your business covered from every angle, we can minimize your processing rates.
Where to Begin
Whether you operate a large hotel, small bed and breakfast, seasonal campsite, or anything in between, our specialized hotel and lodging merchant accounts will help your business reduce costs, streamline the payment process, and promote customer loyalty. If you’re already processing, we offer free consultations. We’ll set up a side-by-side comparison of your current processing statement and what ours would look like to show you exactly how much you can save each month with our hospitality merchant services specially designed for business viability and growth. Not accepting credit cards yet? An account representative will provide all of the information you need to find the right payment solution for your business.